Welcome
Welcome to <strong>SpreadCE / Spread32</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Default save format is messed up.

Post your comments, questions, bug reports and feature requests here.

Default save format is messed up.

Postby snerg » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:09 am

I save a file in the default format.
Excel 2003 chokes so badly on it that it needs to recover and restart. Text and formatting is missing. Sheet names go back to default names.
LibreOffice 5.0.3.2 is much the same, except some of the formatting survives.

I use "save as" and save the same file in the 97 format.
Excel loads it perfectly. Even my multiple cell selections in the various sheets are there.
LibreOffice is much the same, but some floating-point numbers are slightly off. Not the fault of Spread32.

I try the 95 format.
Excel messes up some of the formatting, some of the number are a little bit off.
LibreOffice chokes on a few functions, like averagea. Let's forget 95. It sucks.

So, the 97 format is good, but only if I use "save as". If I do a binary file comparison between default and 97, there is one difference only. 2 bytes have switched places.

Spread32.exe is version 2.05.

And all of this because I couldn't figure out how to delete a misplaced command button in Spread32... :D
Attachments
MessedUp.zip
2 save files, one default, and the other as "save as 97".
(12.77 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
snerg

Re: Default save format is messed up.

Postby stephenbye » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:08 am

Thank you for the example files.
I will investigate the problem and get back to you as soon as possible.
stephenbye
Site Admin

Re: Default save format is messed up.

Postby stephenbye » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:03 am

Presumably these two files are the result of using the "Save" and "Save As" menu options?
Do you have a copy of the original file before it was saved by Spread32?
Where did the original file come from?
There is invalid information in the original file header which is retained when the "Save" option is used, but replaced when the "Save As" option is used.

To delete a command button in Spread32, use Ctrl+Click to select it, then press the delete key or use the Edit>Clear>All menu option.
stephenbye
Site Admin

Return to General